Mini Sephora Haul

Hello my lovelies! Since this year is literally ending tomorrow, I thought I'd do a mni haul from what I got from Sephora in November and December. Not sure exactly when I bought each of them but it's around those two months! 

I actually got more but for now I think this should be enough for a pretty lengthy review!

Marc Jacobs - Givenchy - Tarte Light of the Party (no onger available) - Kat Von D - Becca
 

I will review this huge thing first! This is the Tarte Light of The Party palette, sadly it is no longer available on the Sephora website! I think this was a Holiday Gift edition, Christmas is over so they no longer have it. This is such a freaking pretty package! It has 30 eye shadows, 1 highlighter, 1 blush, 1 contour, a mascara, and a brush! All of this is worth $149 but I got it for $40? I think, more or less.

I swatched as many as I can on one of my arm!

The shadows are pretty pigmented! I have used it on my eyes before and I think the colors pop more when you apply with your fingers rather than a brush! I actually really adore their shimmer shades! It's pretty sparkly and I've used it on my inner eye corners and it's really pretty! Again I think the colors will show more if you use your fingers! I think $40 dollars for all this is a really good deal! Especially since it's Tarte! If it was the original price then I can honestly recommend to not get it. The whole palette is very pretty and the colors are nice but it's not THAT pigmented and definitely not worth $149. Maybe at most I would pay $60-80 for it but not $149 (excluding tax).

I haven't used the eyeshadows on this mini palette yet but I have used the contour shade and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I love using it to contour my cheeks and jaw.


The palette comes with a mini version of their mascara and I think it does a pretty nice job at lengthening my lashes. Not the best I've used but I think it's pretty good.


The next item is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, I am in love with this highlighter tbh. I think a lot of people choose Pearl or Opal over Champagne, but when I was in Sephora; I couldn't find Pearl and Opal wasn't as bright as Champagne and I doubled check in really bright light. In the end I chose Champagne! I think this color is absolutely perfect to high light if you want a settle but really shimmery high light! This product retail for $38 (excluding tax).

The product is incredibly soft when you touch it. It's probably very fragile so I don't recommend dropping it.. ahaha but I really do love this high lighter and it's what I use every single day!

This should be a high lighter tbh but it's actually an eye shadow that I use for high lighiting c: hehe 
This is the Kat Von D Metal Crush Eye shadow in Thunderstruck and let me tell you...this is the best thing ever invented. Okay. That's all I have to say.


Just kidding, but this picture does not do it justice. You have to go into Sephora and swatch it for yourself. It is s pigmented and iridesent. It's amazing to high light your brow bone or anywhere to be honest. I love this. I hope it never discontinue or I will be extremely sad. Unlike the Becca high lighter which I swatched on the right side of my arm, it's way brighter and catches the light a lot. I love my Becca one for everyday, but if I want to blind people as I walk by; I use KVD. 


Second to last item I will review is the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme.


I'm usually more of a taupe or neutral lip color on a daily but I thought I go out of my comfort zone and chose this color! It's actually so pretty and makes my skin look brighter when I have it on. The color is like a berry shade but on the cooler side. The texture is indeed creamy. It doesn't dry out my lips at all. When it fades, it still keeps my lips pretty tinted which I find pretty nice! It is sold for $30 which is pretty damn expensive for a lip stick but hey! I love it. I wouldn't recommend it if you're low on budget but if you have cash to spare then yes! 

Last but not least, I got the Givenchy Mascara!

First off, I do not recommend getting this version at all. I wanted to try their Noir Coutour Volume Mascara but this one was in the wrong container, stupid me didn't check before I got it. 

The reason why I don't think you should get this one is because it doesn't coat my lashes at all. It barely does. Mind you my lashes aren't short. It's medium length and it didn't do anything to it. If you have this mascara, please tell me how it works for you, because it's terrible for me! I am going to be returning this one and getting the other one. Not sure if I still have the receipt...but we'll see! 


That is all to my review! Thank you so much for stopping by! Let me know what you'd like me to review on my next haul! Have a nice day and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! (:

Other social networks: instagram - twitter - facebook - tumblr

1 comment:

  1. The colors are so gorgeous! I really love them! I've never tried tarte before, but I saw one of their other palettes and they seem very versatile!
    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete